Tomato RiceDifficulty: Medium
1 ½ cups Jati Signature Pusa Finest Basmathi 1121
2 tbsp butter
1 cinnamon sticks (about 6 cm each)
2-3 star anise (about 5-star points)
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 medium size onion, sliced
20g ginger, coarsely chopped
2 pieces pandan leaf
3 tomatoes, chunks (about 80g each)
3 tbsp tomato puree
½ tbsp salt
Sunny side up
- Wash and rinse the rice with water. Then, soak it for half an hour.
- Drain the water and set the rice aside.
- Heat pan over high heat. Then, add butter and cook until it is melted.
- Pan fry the dry spices and cook until fragrant.
- Add in chopped onion, minced garlic and ginger. Sauté until golden brown.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and water to cook with the rice.
- Transfer the tomato mixture into the rice cooker. Make sure to cover the rice fully with the mixture.
- Scoop the rice onto a serving plate. Garnish with chopped chillies and sunny side up. Serve immediately.