Super Easy Polish Cabbage RollsDifficulty: Medium
⅔ cup uncooked white rice
1 ⅓ cups water
1 large head cabbage
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, finely chopped
1 ½ pounds ground chicken
4 cloves garlic, pressed
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 pinch dried marjoram
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Allow rice to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove the core from the cabbage, and place cabbage in the boiling water. Remove the outer leaves as they soften. Set leaves aside.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir onion until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir together cooked onion, ground chicken, cooked rice, eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, and marjoram in a bowl.
- Place some of the meat mixture in the center of each cabbage leaf. Roll leaf and tuck ends in to enclose filling. Secure each roll with a toothpick if necessary. Place rolls into the prepared baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over the rolls.
- Bake, covered, in the preheated oven until the meat in the rolls is no longer pink, 45 to 60 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the casserole should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Credit to: JRebel ( https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/159600/super-easy-polish-cabbage-rolls/ )