Nasi PulaoDifficulty: Medium
- Nasi Pulao
2 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp chopped ginger
2 stick cinnamon stick
3 nos star anise
5 nos cardoman pods
5 nos cloves
1 tsp black pepper corns, crushed
200gm Jati Silky Basmathi Rice
3 nos tomatoes, cut into cubes
- Nasi Pulao – Seasoning:
1 tsp salt
½ tsp chicken stock granules
2 nos salted egg, cooked and cut into half
50gm almond Clakes, toasted, for garnishing
200gm pineapple, cut into cubes
2 nos red chili, removed seed, cut in cubes
2 nos green chili, removed seed cut into cubes
1 no onion, peeled, cut into wedges
5 pips garlic, peeled, cut into slices
- Acar – Seasoning:
200gm white vineger
100gm boiling water
- 1.Heat up ghee, saute chopped ginger, cinnamon stick, star anise, cardoman pods , cloves and black pepper corns till aromatic.
- Add in Jati Silky Basmathi Rice and seasoning and cook for 1 minute.
- Dish into a steamer, sprinkle tomatoes cubes on top and steam for 25-30 minutes till cooked.
- Leave to cool and serve with acar, salted egg and sprinkle same almond Clakes on top.
- Mix all ingredients and seasoning in a mixing bowl till well mix combine. Season for 2 hours (Stir occasionally). Chilling is optional
- *Other accompaniments:
- 2 cooked salted egg and some toasted almond Clakes
- Recipes by: Chef Plilip Yoong