Chrysanthemum Flaky Tarts with Pineapple FillingsDifficulty: Advanced
- Ingredients A (For Water Skin)
140g superfine flour
20g icing sugar
½ tsp salt
- Ingredients B (For Oil Skin)
110g superfine flour
30g ecoBrown’s Brown Rice Powder
- Ingredients C
Fillings: 120-130g pineapple tart paste
Egg wash: 1 egg yolk, 20g milk, 1 tsp syrup
- Mix ingredients from for water and oil skins separately in two bowls until combined. Cover with cling film and allow the dough to rest for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a long log and divide into six small, equal portions – 10g for water-skin, 5 g for oil-skin.
- Flatten a portion of water dough and wrap in a piece of oil dough. Seal the edges. Place the dough seam side up and carefully roll dough into a thin sheet.
- Roll up the dough lengthwise and chill for 10 minutes.
- Carefully flatten the dough into a thin sheet and roll up widthwise to form a log. Repeat steps 3-5 until all dough balls have been used up.
- Rest the logs for another 10 minutes and roll the dough lengthwise (the final roll). Cut the dough half and use as wraps.
- Preheat oven to 165°C. And divide pineapple tart paste to small individual balls that weigh 4g each.
- Lightly flatten the dough to thin round sheets and use to wrap pineapple fillings.
- Seal the edges; place the dough seam side down, lightly flatten using your palm and make 6 small incisions on the edges (do not cut through the center)
- Lightly tweak the incisions 180 degrees to reveal the pineapple paste inside. The tweaking process will form “petals” that resemble a flower.
- Brush all “flowers” dough with egg wash and bake in oven for 40 minutes, until golden brown.