Black Glutinous Rice Angku KuihDifficulty: Medium
- Ingredients A
130 gm glutinous rice flour
50 gm sweet potatoes, peeled, teamed, mashed
20 gm black glutinous rice flour
125 ml water (to add sparingly)
1/2 Tbsp oil
- Ingredients B
150 gm split mung beans
80 gm – 100 gm sugar
1.1/2 Tbsp oil
- Method (Filling):
- Soak the beans overnight, steam for 35 to 40 mins. or till soft.
- While hot, blend the beans with 1 cup of water.
- Heat up oil in a pan and fry the bean paste with sugar till it forms into a paste, leave to cool.
- Method (Dough):
- Mix all the ingredients together, knead to form a soft dough, adding in water sparingly.
- Wrap wiht clign wrap and rest in the fridge for 1 to 2 days. (This is to allow the flour to absorb the liquid).
- Let dough rest in room temperature, knead before use. (If dough is dry, add water, if dough is wet, add some glutinous rice flour).
- Dust the mould with some rice flour.
- Pinch some dough to form a ball, flatten, put in the filling, wrap up into a ball and place the ball of dough into the mould. Press it in a bit and knock out the kuih. Place the kuih onto a greased banana leaf.
- Steam under medium heat, small kuih for 3 mins. while the big ones take 6 mins.
- Remove the kuih and immediately brush on some oil.
- Let cool, serve.
- Small kuih – 15 gm dough/15 gm filling. Big kuih – 50 gm dough/50 gm filling.
Recipe Submitted by Sokehah Cheah
Credit to: http://www.nofrillsrecipes.com/