150g (1 cup) rice, washed and drained
1 litre chicken stock
50g chicken fillet, shredded
80g prawns, shelled
1 tsp fenugreek
2 cm knob young ginger, shredded
1 stalk lemongrass, smashed
2 cm piece cinnamon stick
100ml coconut milk
Salt to taste
Dash of pepper
1 tsp ikan bilis stock granules
1 tsp chicken stock granules
½ tsp sugar or to taste
2 tbsp chopped spring onion
1 red chilli, sliced
2 tbsp deep-fried ikan bilis
- Combine chicken stock and rice in a casserole and cook over a gentle low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add ingredients (A) and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes or until the porridge is fragrant. Put in chicken and prawns and bring to a simmering boil.
- Add seasoning to taste and pour in coconut milk.
- Once the porridge comes to a quick boil, turn off the heat and dish out.
- Serve with garnishing.
- Credit to: Amy Beh (https://www.kuali.com/recipe/rice/malay-style-bubur/)